Friday, July 30, 2010

Latest Project: Music Instruction Book

I'm very happy to announce that I've reached a large milestone on this book illustration project I've been working on. Originally, I was just in charge of the instructional drawings, but now I'm also layout designer and sales agent to Mr. Esson. Besides getting a couple cool new titles, I now have experience prepping books for publication and using Blurb.com's BookSmart software.

The book, "Understanding the Tin Whistle", is an in-depth look into learning about how to play and understand the tin whistle, its music and its devoted musicians. While he does have some sheet music, Stuart wrote this book filled with drills, techniques and ways to improve your playing with sessions; he wants people to truly understand this instrument and not just become a person regurgitating others' music or notes.

If you're interested in checking out the book (Blurb allows for a 15 page preview, visit the link here and if you're interested in purchasing, just wait a little longer. The final edit of the book will take 2-4 weeks (once I receive my copy and do some more proof-reading).

Ahhhhhh, this means I'm taking a few days off to enjoy the sun and get away from the computer! Enjoy your weekend everyone!

0 comments:


Blogspot Template by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by Home Interiors