In my long list of playing catch-up to all the nerd culture I missed in my early years, I've been diving into a variety of comics lately, and thanks to the latest cast on Shauncastic this week, I came home from the library with a hefty stack of trade paperbacks. Shaun gathers his regular podcast girls to talk comics-What was our very first comic; Why we like them and What comics would we recommended to all comic lovers and those new to the media (surprisingly a lot stories Brian K Vaughan has his hands on).
So here's a link to the full clip and we would love to hear about your comics experience on Shauncastic. Leave your answer and suggestions in the comments section or email us at stuff@shauncastic.com.
Here's a Peek at What's on my Comics Reading List:
BLANKETS BY CRAIG THOMPSON
This is the size of a textbook, but after a couple panels, I am immersed. This autobiographical novel follows Craig through his early childhood, first love and living with his Evangelical Christian family.
PRIDE OF BAGHDAD BY BRIAN K VAUGHAN (Won an Eisner for BEST COLOR WORK by Niko Henrichon in 2006 or 2007)
(I have already read this story but I am really wanting to re-read it :) )
STRANGERS IN PARADISE BY TERRY MOORE
A story that follows the relationship between two very different girls. I can't wait to embark on this series. I've read this comic helped introduce new readers (mostly female) to comics.
If you have more suggestions for me, please comment your recommendation. And please, for the love of god, listen to this awesome podcast!! I LOVE READING!
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Shauncastic 24: Girl's Night Out- A Comic's Primer
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment