Sunday, April 17, 2011

ArtOrder: Eowyn and the Nazgul Challenge

Jon over at TheArtOrder.com is at it again! Here's another art challenge, this time using inspiration from none other than Tolkien himself!!

Look for the details of the challenge here. Although by the title, it's pretty self explanatory. As someone who hasn't read the trilogy, I took the recommendation of Jon and read the passage of Eowyn and the Nazgul at the Battle of Pelennor Fields and it's better portrayed in the book (I always thought Eowyn's line in the movie "I am no man!" was kinda lame and poorly executed).

So anyways, I won't say much more as I need to get back to work and do some preliminary sketches. Please enter the challenge if you can; I know I have many friends who LOVE the trilogy and would enjoy portraying this inspirational scene. So good luck!

Visit some reference images for Eowyn and the Nazgul from the movies here.

Watch people post WIPs and provide some critique for the entries here. This challenge is a HOT one-already 78 replies and it's only been a few days since the challenge was announced.

So get those entries to Jon's email (get it from TheArtOrder.com) by May 15th. Remember: have fun!

0 comments:


Blogspot Template by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by Home Interiors