Thursday, August 11, 2011

With the Weather Comes New Commissions

I've been freelance job-free for 3 months; not something I would brag about, I just can't believe it's been that long. I haven't painted anything in what seems like 3 months too. It feels like much of my creative energy is devoted to my job. I need to get back into gaming and finding ways to spark my imagination and creativity. I refuse to be a cubicle zombie!

But in other news, I'm working on an album cover for a local artist. He was referred to me by a friend of mine. Also while at the printers, I ran into the associate that I spent 5 weeks with at Office Depot while printing my graduating my portfolio. He is also a musician and after asking how his musical ventures were going, I left 15 minutes later with his CD in hand and the possibility of another freelance gig. What a small world-receiving gigs when I'm not really looking. I feel very lucky!

I'll be sure to post the finished album cover from the first musician in a couple weeks. You'll also be seeing less of me to due the bright glowing, warm thing in the sky. Every now and then it appears in Seattle. I feel even more lucky because the weather has been 70degrees and sunny for 2 weeks. Outdoor tanning, barbeques and just sitting outside reading a book: I can't wait for the weekend!

Oh and did I mention: PAX Prime is just around the corner!!

0 comments:


Blogspot Template by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by Home Interiors