Friday, June 11, 2010

D&D Pin Up Challenge via ArtOrder

So as most of you may not know, I follow the ArtOrder blog run by Wizard's of the Coast's Dungeons&Dragons Art Director, Jon Schindehette. He likes to post art challenges, advice for aspiring artist and loves to share new artwork and creative ideas.

Well last month he thought up a challenge (with help from his wife) to create vintage pin-up images using the current 4th edition D&D races. Being a gamer who's had her fair share participating in D&D campaigns and my obvious love for illustrating my D&D characters, I HAD to participate!

Here's my pin-up dwarf:




I'm wanting to touch up the image and give her more detail and an actual background. There were tons of sexy entries other than mine, so check out the entire line up featured on the ArtOrder Ning site!

If you're thinking about making illustrations for a living or as a freelancer, I would highly recommend becoming involved with this community and participating in the challenges!

0 comments:


Blogspot Template by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by Home Interiors