Friday, September 24, 2010

Sunday Sept. 26th-Artist Resource Workshop

On Sunday, September 26th, from 2pm to 4pm at the NorthEast Branch of the Seattle Public Library, Artist Trust will be hosting a free-let me repeat-FREE workshop for artists. The workshop will:

"...addresses the essentials of presenting your work; how to get informed about the funding and exhibition possibilities available to Washington State artists; and information on professional resources, health care, insurance, emergency assistance, and legal services available to artists."


This is a great opportunity to network and get some information on the side of being a professional artist that no one wants to research or have to deal with last minute. I'm hoping to get the really important questions answered that are usually the ones I'm not always thinking about: "As a freelance professional, what health care and insurance options are available for me?". "I have a client that went against our agreement or the client owes me money as stated in the contract but is refusing to pay; what should I do?". And the dreaded: "So as a freelance artist, what do I do about taxes? Do I need to itemize? Who should I go to?". I highly recommend my fellow artists in the area join me at the workshop or if you can't make it, leave me a comment about a question you'd like me to ask or topic that you'd like some answers on.

Follow this link to register. Again, remember, IT IS FREE!!!

0 comments:


Blogspot Template by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by Home Interiors