Sunday, September 25, 2011

Innistrad Card Art

For those not in the know, the first set of Innistrad, the latest Magic the Gathering hotness, had their midnight release on Friday/Saturday. I did not attend the launch party. Many of my friends did and I got to fondle and gape at the new cards. There has been lots of talk about this set; I've heard much skepticism with the double-sided flip cards for example; but I will say, the art looks fantastic!

A set on a plane that is all about gothic horror. To me that means: Frankenstein-type monsters, vampires, werewolves, mad scientists, barns, churches, graveyards, torches and of course, pitchforks. I think they nailed the mood and setting perfectly. Here are some examples of some of the card art:



This set is really creepy btw. Usually I don't like creepy, but I think MtG nailed the setting and flavor with their art.


An excellent special land card done by Peter Morbacher, one of my favorite artists.


Lots a werewolves done right!


Here is the full card list and art for your viewing pleasure. I will be busy figuring out which legendary creature I will be using to make as my new EDH general.

0 comments:


Blogspot Template by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by Home Interiors