I HAVE A JOB!
Sorry, I just couldn't hold it in :) After many months, I am fully-employed, using Photoshop, I might add, and being paid for my expertise. While the job holds little creative thinking and conceptualizing, I get to satisfy another obsession besides illustration: organizing things. I don't know what it is (probably being a woman) but I LOVE organizing everything. So I am responsible for prepping web images by taking photos of products, cutting them out from their background and uploading them to the employer's site. Monotony couldn't be more exciting for me!
Thanks to everyone who helped me through the difficult times and supported me as I looked for a steady job. But don't think I have kicked illustration to the curb. I still have plenty of time for freelance projects and my art.
And speaking of exciting things, I'm starting up a personal project using a classic style I appreciate and love: PIN UP!
Can you tell who this is? This is my progress on the first piece: A sexy, human Glados (I will put all those anime-style renditions to SHAME!).
I need your help. Please suggest in the comments below what other marvelous female characters that YOU would like re-imagined as sexy Pin Up gals; or perhaps a female version of a character (such as a pin up version of a Ghostbuster or Stormtrooper). The collection so far will include a Glados and the Morton Salt Girl. I'm thinking of putting together a whole series of about 10 pieces and then submitting the collection to places requesting to hang an artist's work. So let us put out heads together and brainstorm to make this a sexy collection of characters!
Thank you!
Thursday, January 27, 2011
Great News and WIP: Pin Up Girls
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment